Sunday, October 3, 2010

Summary of C4k for Comment 1&2

My first comments for kids was to comment on a student at Noel Elementary School in Noel Missouri class of 2011. The students had two assignments that I was to comment on. The assignments were ABOUT ME and MANIFESTO. Unfortunately, my students did not post ABOUT ME. So I first commented on her MANIFESTO. A learning manifesto is a written statement declaring publicly the intentions, motives,or views of its issuer.The students were told to write a student learning manifesto. In their manifestos write three or four positive actions they can take to be a better student. In my student 's manifesto she wrote she promise she will learn to read better in class and read every day.She promise she will learn to write better in class and write everyday.She promise she will come to class on time and be prepared.She promise she will be very safe on the internet.She promise she will listen to the teacher and don't talk to friends.In my comment to her I told her the goals she wrote about on your manifesto are very important to become a better student. Reading everyday will expand her knowledge and it will help her to become a better student. I told her it is very important to listen to her teacher. If she listen to her teacher instead of talking to her friends, she will hear information that will help her with her school work and make her a better student. I also told her to try to stick to all her goals and she will succeed in the classroom. The next assignment I commented on was titled 'Cause That's How I Roll (Like a Rock!). The students will be extending their learning about rocks and minerals from science. The students were to be a mineral molecule and they were about to take an incredible journey through the rock cycle. After doing their information gathering they will write monologues.There was a video there explaining what a monologue is if they didn't know.My student's rock was a basalt. She wrote : "This rock has gas bubbles.These bubbles form when hot lava from a volcano contains gases that escape from the rock at the lava cools.This is basalt.Usually very dark in the color,basalt is the most common rock type in earth's crust and make up most of the ocean floor".I commented that I never knew what type of rocks were on the ocean floor. I liked how she pretended to be the rock and she described it very well.I also told her thanks for the facts about basalt rock she did a great job :). I like that students are blogging it give them a chance to use technology to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment