Sunday, October 31, 2010

Additional Assignment #3



Sir Ken Robinson: Changing Educational Paradigms
The video was very entertaining.I love the creativity of the video. The cartoon made it easy to follow what Sir Ken Robinson was addressing.Sir Ken Robinson talked a lot about how eduction is lessening the children creativity.The most important point that stood out to me was that the kindergartens scored 98% genius in divergent thinking. But to my surprise doing the longitudinal study the more "educated" they were the less they used divergent thinking.I don't disagree with anything in the video it just made me think of education from a different view. I agree with the point he made about ADHD. I feel personally those drugs don't necessary always help the student succeed academically. I would address some of these issue in my future class by allowing students to work with the arts as much as possible. And I would also allow as many group projects as I can. I believe group projects are so much more creative and socially than doing a project alone. To me the more people working on a project the better the outcome will be. If I was to do a presentation like this I would like to be the idea generator.I really loved this video it was short, had visuals, and some interesting valid points.

No comments:

Post a Comment