Sunday, October 3, 2010

Blog Post #6

The Networked Student
This video show has great and amazing technology is today. I do not know all that was possible and so simple that a student can do it. This video is a good tool to creating a personal leaning network. The student was able to find a lot of good resources and material through networking with other strangers interested in his same int rest.

The question is "Why does the networked student even need a teacher?". The teacher is needed for many reasons. First the student would probably have never took his assignment this far if he had a textbook. The teacher is there for support. The teacher teaches him how to begin his journey of his search by telling him how to find credible work, reliable sources, and so on. The teacher is there when he has hit a stomp and has given up. The teacher will be there for motivation and encouragement. The teacher also there as a guide to make the student go father into the research and how to accomplish their goals in their findings.

All in all, the video was informative. It showed me as a furture teacher the capabilities of my future students and a good way to incorporate technology in the classroom.


A 7th Grader's Personal Learning Environment (or PLN)
WOW! Her PLE is amazing and she is only in the seventh grade. Her PLE is filled up with great resources. It is well organized and very inviting. I love her poster on the box jelly fish . Her PlE gives me some ideas to add to my PLN. Her PLE at this moment puts my PLN to shame put it is still a working process. Looking at her PLE motive me to do more on my PLN.


The Machine is Changing Us
The video was very interesting. It made me think about how much we are changing. I liked in the beginning with the meaning of the word "whatever" and how it has changed over the years. I also like how at the end he wanted the word "whatever" meaning to change to be effective in the future.The video clips he presented throughout the presentation were also effective. The clips made his presentation entertaining. Then, he started talking about You Tube and how it has greatly changed over the years. I mean, you can post any and every thing on You Tube. You tube can be used for so much more than home videos. Some people use You Tube to vent or confess things they can't say face to face. He also made I good point on who are we really talking to when we post things on the internet. It was strange to think about or even answer. How are we talking to? The video was good, interesting, entertaining, humorous, and informative all in one.

2 comments:

  1. How close does EDM310 come to the connected classroom?

    That is why I included the 7th graders PLE: to motivate you to do your better!

    I will post a general comment about The Machine is Changing Us on the class blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved "The Machine is Changing Us" and the evolution of "whatever. Its a real eye opener on how the world has changed. Are you going to help your students network?

    ReplyDelete