Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blog Post #11

baby sitting in front of a laptop


Video: First Graders in Ms. Cassidy's Class
and Interview with Ms. Cassidy


Ms. Cassidy used a lot of good techniques for using technology in the class. Her students seem to really enjoy the use of technology as well. Her use of blogs and the class web page is also a good way to allow parents to check their child's progress. I also like the that the laptops become a center in the classroom. The kids seem so confident and proud of their work being showcased on the internet. In my classroom I would most likely try to use all of Ms. Cassidy's techniques. The blogs seem really fun and allows people to leave comments on the student's blog which is a good way to motivate them to do better. The web page would be a useful tool in the class so the students will know what is expected of them and if a student is out one day all they have to do is check the web page so they want get behind. I don't even know what a wiki is myself so that is very impressive that they created their own. I would use wiki in my class too because it is a good way to allow the students to teach themselves. I would also love to use skype in the classroom for guest speakers.I would incorporate the videos with the flip camera by using it in the students' projects as well as some instructional videos for the students to view on the class's web page. Ms.Cassidy is doing a great thing with those kids and seem to really enjoy it. I wish her the best and hope that her students continue to learn through technology.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't even know what a wiki is myself so that is very impressive that they created their own. " Why don't you find out and report back to the class in some way? We can all learn from you! zThat's the point of a learning community!

    ReplyDelete