Sunday, September 12, 2010

Blog Post #3

Michael Wesch: A Vision of Students Today (4:45)

This video is right on the point in many cases. I mean yes technology in the classroom is every important but it is very distracting at times. Some professors simply read notes off there power point word for word and in the end i have wasted timed and learned nothing.If I wanted to just read slides I could do that at home. I am currently in the college of education hoping to become an elementary school teacher yet the school system is steadily letting go of teachers.

The cost of school is so high right now I will be in so much debt when I graduate and still have no job. I spend so much money on books I never open either. Most professors use notes or slides three is no need to actual read your book. There is all kinds of online activities one must do to go along with a class that one may not need a book. I have even sold books back to the bookstore after the semester with the plastic still on them. The only big positive thing to technology in the classroom now would be the SMART board.


"It's Not About the Technology" by Kelly Hines

I must agree with Ms.Hines, today teachers need to be more creativity and skillful in there teaching and stop depending on technology to full that gap. Technology is so important in the classroom but it should be used properly to get the appreciation for it. We should not allow technology to take over the classroom as well. I also agree that teachers don't always now everything, they are also learning as they grow in their professions.

Karl Fisch: Is It Okay to Be A Technologically Illiterate Teacher?

I agree with some of what Karl Fisch said. I do believe that technology is so important these days. In being a teacher one shouldn't be proud of being technology illiterate. As a teacher one need to keep up with all new material being provide to enhance their teaching. I feel that those students whose teacher is technology illiterate are messing out on some great things they could be learning.

I do feel kind of sorry for those busy teachers who want to learn but don't have the time to. But those teachers who don't even care to make a change in that area should be ashamed of themselves. If those teacher only took the time out to learn about technology themselves they may see how technology can not only improve their teaching but save them valuable time in doing other clerical work for their classroom such as, entering grade and organizing their classroom.Teacher benefit greatly through technology.

Gary Hayes Social Media Count

I feel so behind already while I'm sleeping things in technology are steadily involving. It so weird. Just when I think I am kind of getting ahead I realize I am so far behind. By the time I enter into my teaching profession I will be so behind. Students who graduate after me are more advanced in technology than I would be. This motive me try to stay caught up in technology as best as I could on my on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Amberli! I totally agree with you about whether it is alright to be technologically illiterate! I mentioned in my blog that someone who isn't shouldn't be embarrassed but only should be embarrassed if they are unwilling to expand and learn. I know teachers are busy but it is their job to make the time to learn the new trends in education. It is their responsibility to do so. Wouldn't they want their students to have the best learning tools available?!

    ReplyDelete